A friend of mine leads a large young adult gathering in Charlotte that is doing amazing things for that city. Tonight close to a thousand of them will unite together in prayer for Haiti. He asked me what I thought were the top 5 prayers needs. Here is my shot at it. Please add yours in the comments:
- RESCUE: Pray for those who still need to be rescued. Some are buried and others are near death due to major injury, lack of food, water, medical care.
- RELIEF-WORKERS: Pray for those from all around the world who have gone to Haiti to help in the rescue and recovery efforts. Safety, wisdom, energy.
- HAITIAN CHURCH: Pray for the church in Haiti, our brothers and sisters in Christ, and their role in rebuilding their country.
- PROTECTION: Pray for God’s protection in the days to come as looting and violence becomes common due to the circumstances.
- ORPHANS: Pray for all the children that just lost one or both parents. Pray for the orphanages. Many of their buildings are devastated and they lack essential resources.
Yes! We need to be praying for the elderly and widows!