It’s always great to hear stories from adoptees who also adopt! Here is just one of those beautiful stories of a woman carrying on the legacy…
The posts have been sparse over the last months because lots of great things have been happening. Our 2010 Together for Adoption National Conference went beyond our expectations and since then we have been following up with folks and working hard on our upcoming book. It is entitled ‘Reclaiming Adoption: Missional Living Through the Rediscovery of Abba Father’ published by Cruciform Press. It is set to release January 1, 2011.
This is an excellent idea for families!
What do you do for family night? I’d love to hear ideas from my readers.
Passing On- Family TraditionsLeaving behind- Individualism
Passing On-WorldView through the GospelLeaving Behind-WorldView through man-centeredness
Passing On-I love youLeaving Behind-Silence/Assumption
Passing On-Failures are okayLeaving Behind-You control everything
Passing On-Trust JesusLeaving Behind-Worry
Passing On-You are just like the PoorLeaving Behind-There are no Poor
Passing On-I was wrong/ForgivenessLeaving Behind-Anger & Bitterness
Passing On-World outside of AmericaLeaving Behind-World is America
Passing On-Security in ChristLeaving Behind-Security in Money
Passing On-Others are firstLeaving Behind-Others are Second
Passing On-Acceptance of SufferingLeaving Behind-Comfort is true life
Passing On-Courage is trusting YAWEHLeaving Behind-Safety is in your hands
Passing On-We are sinnersLeaving Behind-We are good
Passing On-Jesus is way, truth & lifeLeaving Behind-Your way is truth & life
What are some of the things you are passing on or leaving behind to your children?
This past year has been a good year. Lots of things to thank God for and lots to look forward to in 2009. Here are a few highlights of 2008 that come to mind:
- coming on staff with the ABBA Fund
- the great ABBA leadership team and Board God has brought together
- the godly families that we have had the privilege of helping by God’s grace
- the many stories of incredible faith and trust these families have shown – I wish I could share them all.
- Representing ABBA at the 2008 Desiring God Pastors Conference, the Summit IV, Providence Adoption Expo, Celebrate Adoption, and Together for Adoption
- the first Together for Adoption conference. We are planning for the 2009 Conference in Nashville, TN!
- the faith and testimony of the Chapman family as they experienced an incredible tragedy
- new church adoption funds
- new friends around the country
- a new baby (we adopted Micah Sixeight on April 30th, 2008)
- new LegacyChild memorial funds and families helped
There is much more that I could list but I will end here. I am off to spend the rest of the day with my family.
Have a wonderful and joy-filled New Years!