By establishing adoption funds, local churches can directly minister to their own church families by removing the financial barriers so often faced by adoptive families. At the ABBA Fund, we desire to use our experience and passion for adoption to assist churches in establishing and administering church adoption funds. We provide our services at no charge to the church so that every dollar contributed will be used to assist families in their time of need.
What is involved?
By using the ABBA Fund’s existing loan and grant process the local church is able to make adoptions possible by offering interest-free loans and matching grants:
Why Should a Church Consider Establishing an Adoption Fund?
- Establishing an adoption fund provides an opportunity for the church to become engaged in the Scriptural mandate to care for orphans.
- An adoption fund provides a tangible means for the church to support and provide for the financial needs of families adopting.
- Adoption funds further enable adoptions to happen, providing the opportunity to reach across the globe and bring children into homes where the Gospel is proclaimed.
What are the benefits of establishing a church adoption fund in partnership with ABBA Fund?
- By using ABBA Fund’s existing loan and grant process (i.e. qualifying families on mutually agreed upon criteria, disbursing and administrating funds, receipts etc.) an organization eliminates the need to re-create the wheel in establishing a Fund or create it’s own 501(c)(3).
- The organization can establish a fully-functioning adoption fund ministry without the added burden of administering a new program.
- ABBA Fund offers tremendous flexibility for a church to be as involved, or uninvolved, as it wishes regarding fund administration.
- Since the ABBA Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, all donations are 100% tax-deductible as allowed by law. ABBA Fund is a member of the ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability)
How do I start an adoption fund at my church?
- STEP 1 – Contact the ABBA Fund with any questions and to discuss the specific needs at your church. Contact us online, by email, or call us toll free at 1.888.775.3422
- STEP 2 – Allow the ABBA Fund to prepare church-specific tools to assist you in presenting the need and benefit of a church adoption loan fund to your church leadership. We would be happy to get on conference calls or meet in person when possible.
- STEP 3 – Present plan to church and get church approval.
- STEP 4 – Start your fund and start helping church families with interest-free loans and matching grants!