Green Acres Baptist Church did an incredible job hosting the If You Were Mine Adoption Conference this past weekend. Over 280 folks attended and many were touched by the heart of God in adoption and given practical tools to move forward in the journey. I encourage you to watch the promo video below to get a small taste of the conference.
This was a part of the Hope for 100 campaign currently going on at Green Acres, the first of many such campaigns to come around the country. The vision is to see 100 children cared for by church members through adoption or foster care!
This Saturday we will be hosting the ‘If You Were Mine’ adoption conference. This full-day conference provides a relaxed, non-threatening environment where you can consider practical information about adoption, foster care and orphan care ministry from an objective and biblical point of view.
Find answers to questions such as:
- Is adoption or foster care for us?
- How do the adoption and foster care processes work?
- How do we choose an agency that’s right for us?
- Can I really love an adopted or foster child?
- Can we afford it?
We are excited to officially announce that launch of Hope for 100, a campaign with the goal of providing loving, Christian homes for 100 children through adoption or foster care.
The first campaign is kicking off over the next two Sunday’s at Green Acres Baptist Church in Tyler, TX.
Our goal through Hope for 100 is to-
- Raise awareness of the plight of the fatherless.
- Issue a specific challenge to the Church to care for a targeted number of orphans.
- Begin to match interested families with families who have already answered the call to be foster or adoptive families to give guidance and
- Provide an array of opportunities to care for orphans through an Ongoing Orphan Care Ministry.
- Help provide the necessary funds to families seeking to adopt.
This first campaign will also host the “If You Were Mine” adoption conference at Green Acres Baptist Church on January 31st. This one-day conference provides a relaxed, non-threatening environment where you can consider practical information about adoption, foster care and orphan care ministry from an objective and biblical point of view.
After a successful launch, Hope For 100 desires to see its efforts replicated and multiplied in churches throughout the United States and the world.
For more information on how you can help make a Hope for 100 campaign possible and help families adopting financially, or how you and your church can serve as the lead church in a campaign to be carried out by the evangelical Christian community in your area, please contact the ABBA Fund or call toll free 888.775.3422